How to Create a Free Website-For Beginners
Having a website of one’s own is a layman’s task today. Tom Dick & Harry of today’s world has his own website. So when it comes to have a website of one’s own, one thinks that he doesn’t know even the ABC of computer coding, so it might be nearly impossible for him to have a website of his own.
But let me make it clear to you that “You can have a stunning website of your own without knowing even a little bit of computer programming!!!”
Let us come to the actual topic.
WHAT IS A WEBSITE?
A website is a collection of web pages similarly as a book is a collection of pages. A website has a name (e.g. www.google.com). This is called web address. A website is stored on a computer or a group of interconnected computers called server or web host.
Thus for running a website one must have a web address as well as a web host or server. Making your own PC a server or host is not a good idea as you can’t keep you PC on & connected to internet 24×7×367. Thus hosting your website on Hosting providers is a better option.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT DOMAIN NAME & HOSTING
Domain name can be free (.tk , .ml, .ga, .co.nr, .co.nf, .com.co.in, .ca, .vu.at, .biz.ly etc) as well as paid (.com, .net, .org, .in, .us, .xyz etc)
Free Domains are subjected to closure at any time without any warning & also are less SEO optimized & thus if you create a website with a free domain (e.g. mine is www.mypoems.co.nf) it will be visible to a fewer people & thus will not meet your expectations.
On the other hand, paid domains like .com, .net, .in, .org are not subjected to closure provided your pay regularly. Also they are SEO optimised & there is some possibility that your site will be shown in google results & will also be easy for others to remember.
Hosting is also paid (Bigrock ,GoDaddy, MyTrueHost etc) as well as free (e.g. www.myownfreehost.net , www.freehostingnoads.net www.co.nf etc). Paid hosting providers provide much more features than the free ones.
if you are a beginners, then at this instance go for free domain name as well as for free hosting so that you may practice well without losing a penny. Good thing is that you can later on transfer whole content of your site to the new one that would be premium.
There are millions of categories of sites. You can create an online shopping site like www.snapdeal.com , a blog (where you share your ideas & opinions, a site where you can provide songs & videos to others, a survey site, a news article site etc.
But if you are a beginner, I would recommend you to go for a blogging site where you can upload articles regularly. Here I am going to tell you about creating a blogging site. When you gain some experience, it would be easy for you to create any type of site.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS
Let us start now!
- Go to dot.tk & search for a domain name (E.g. www.example.tk). If your domain name is not available search for some other name (E.g. www.myexample.tk). If domain name is available you will be redirected to sign up page. Simply sign up with any of your social networking site account or with your email.
- After sign up is successful, you can login to your newly created account.
- After logging in, go to “My Domains” & click Manage Domain”.
- Now go to “Management Tools” & click “Nameservers” After clicking “Use custom name servers” you will see 4-5 textboxes. Fill ns1.byet.org in first textbox, ns2.byet.org in 2nd textbox, ns3.byet.org in 3rd textbox & ns4.byet.org in 4th textbox & click “change nameservers.”
- Now go to myownfreehost.net & click signup. Put your email & domain name (www.example.tk) in the boxes. If it shows error, try again after 10 minutes. If it shows “Congratulations your……) then I would like to congratulate you that you have created your first website.
- Wait till an email comes from sales-byet having the information regarding your website. Please print that email because if you ever forgot your user-name or password, you will never be able to retrieve it.
- After receiving email, click your site & you will see some ads displaying. Don’t worry.
- Click cpanel.yourwebsitename.tk & login with your username & password (the same that was in your email) & your cpanel will open.
- Now there are two ways to create a website-Making your own webpages (using Kompozer, Dreamweaver) or using script installer (wordpress, joomla)
- If you want to learn how to create a website using Kompozer or Deamweaver refer to thesitewizard.com
- But here I am going to tell you the script installing method (only wordpress, as it is easier for the beginners)
- Click Softaculous Script Installer & search for “WordPress” & click “Install”. Where it shows “In Drectory” clear “wp” in the textbox. Choose any theme, you can change it later on. Set username & password click Install.
- It will take hardly 2-3 minutes to install
- When installation is successful, open your website now (www.yourwebsite.tk) . Congratulation for the second time!!! Your Site is ready for use.
- Go to yoursitename.tk/wp-admin & login with your username & password that you registered during the script installing process.
- Dashboard will open. Do whatever you want.
Refer to “How to Customise my WordPress Powered Site?” for giving your site premium features & looks
& “How to Start Earning with Your Site?” for earning with your site.
Thanks for reading this post. I hope it have solved most of the questions of beginners.
Have a question in mind? Please comment down, we will help you to resolve it!